Helping Homeowners make Educated Decisions
When a Homeowner falls behind on their mortgage, they should contact a Foreclosure Defense Lawyer. The advantage is that they will have a chance of keeping their property. Therefore, contact your Coconut Creek Florida Foreclosure Defense Lawyers at (954) 990-7552.
Table of Contents
Experienced Coconut Creek Florida Foreclosure Defense Lawyers
Since 2008, Brian P. Kowal, Esq. has defended Homeowners in Foreclosure. In addition, Brian offers services including:
1. Loan Modifications
2. Short Sales
3. Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure.
- Foreclosure Defense. A Foreclosure Defense Lawyer responds to the Court on behalf of the Homeowner. In addition, they communicate directly with the Bank’s attorney to resolve try and resolve the case.
- Loan Modification. A Foreclosure Defense Lawyer assists the Homeowner with the Loan Modification Process. In other words, they apply on their behalf to receive a lower payment.
- Short Sale. A Short Sale is when the Homeowner sells their property for less than they owe on their mortgage. If the Bank approves the Short Sale, the foreclosure will be dismissed.
- Deed in Lieu. A Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure is when a Homeowner gives the Title to their property to the Bank. As a result, the Bank releases them from all liability and mortgage payments.
- 30 Day Default Letter. This is the first stage of the Foreclosure Process. The letter states that the Homeowner has not paid their mortgage and has 30 days to become current. If they fail to pay , the Bank will file a Foreclosure.
- Foreclosure Complaint. After a Homeowner is served, they have 20 days to respond. They can file an Answer or a Motion to Dismiss. However, a default is entered if they fail to respond.
- Summary Judgment Hearing. If the Bank is successful, the home will be scheduled to be sold at the Sale. This is the final step before a Foreclosure Sale.
- Foreclosure Sale. After the Bank receives a Final Judgment, the property is scheduled to be sold at a Foreclosure Auction. An Auction allows anyone to submit a bid. However, the Homeowner can file a Motion to Cancel the Foreclosure Sale before the Auction takes place. If the Court grants it, the Sale will be cancelled. As a result, they will have more time to sell their property.
If you are in Foreclosure, contact your Coconut Creek Florida Foreclosure Defense Lawyers at (954) 990-7552.