- Need to Remove Squatters in Your Home in Broward County Florida?
- Advice to Consider When Removing Squatters in Broward County
- Contact a Team of Experienced Attorneys in Broward County
Table of Contents
Need to Remove Squatters in your Home in Broward County Florida?
Removing squatters can be difficult. If you own a home in Broward or Palm Beach County and have people living there without a lease and do not pay rent, the best way to remove them is through an Unlawful Detainer. This does not require notice. You can file a complaint immediately. They only have 5 days to respond. In addition, their defenses are limited as they are occupying your home illegally.
It is important to remember that Squatters are not Tenants. As a result, you cannot file an Eviction to remove them. If you attempt to file, your case will likely be dismissed.
The Real Estate Law Office of Brian Kowal, PA provides representation and assistance to remove squatters in Broward and Palm Beach County.
Advice to Consider When Removing Squatters
Finding squatters on your property can be stressful. However, you must act within the law to remove them. Illegal actions could land you in trouble, despite the fact that your property has been infringed upon.
- If you believe that people are trespassing rather than squatting, you can call the police. As a result, they will potentially remove them from the property. (Note that this is not possible in all cases, as sometimes a court order will be necessary.)
- Understand that the situation can be complicated. That is why the process needs to be followed. Some squatters are victims of scams, having entered unlawful tenancy agreements with a fraudulent party.
- Never physically remove or threaten to harm them. This could result in criminal charges.
- Be prepared to file a lawsuit to remove them. It’s useful to create a timeline from the moment you discovered they were living there. Accordingly, this will help you in court.
- Don’t bargain with them. They can cause damage and lost revenue. As soon as you discover them, contact the Law Office of Brian P. Kowal, PA.
Contact a Team of Experienced Attorneys in Broward County
Squatters living in your home is an unfortunate situation. However, you should know your rights as an owner to remove them. If you need to remove squatters in your home in Broward or Palm Beach County or South Florida, contact the Law Office of Brian P. Kowal, PA at (954) 990-7552